A Sermon by Tim Keller – 11/11/2015
- Identity is defined as one’s sense of self and sense of worth. It is the durable core that identifies you as you, through all the various hats you wear, roles you play, and situations you are in. One needs a durable core sense of self and a durable core sense of worth.
- Every culture has its own way of developing self- through stories, songs, slogans, etc. Our culture’s way of developing self is invisible to most of us.
- Three key ideas:
- You need someone to name you.
- Only the Lord Jesus should be the one to name you.
- He doesn’t do that in the abstract but by laying down His life for you.